English level 5

UNIT #1


 Part  I: Tag Question with different verb tenses

In this unit #1 we have worked on the use of the tag question with different verba tenses 

  • Past perfect 
  • Simple past 
  • Present perfect
  • Simple perfect
The tag question  is used to confirm information you think is true. I statement is made followed by a confirmation question.

  1.  How it work:  Affirmative sentence  , ?[-]
  2. Components: Verb + No[-] + pronoum
For example: 

We studied together, didn't we?

Verb tenses: Past Simple

Tag question: Didn't we?


  1. How it work: Negative sentence , +?
  2. Components: Verb + pronoum
For example:

- They didn't eat lunch, did they?

Verb tenses: Past Simple

Tag question: "did they?"


Next I will present a conversation with the different verb tenses and tag question.


A: Hey Luisa , have you ever been to Paris? B: Yes, I went last year. It was truly amazing, wasn't it? A: Wow, that sounds incredible! I've always wanted to go someday. Are you planning another trip there soon, aren't you? B: Honestly, I haven't planned anything yet, but I definitely will return at some point, won't I? A: Sounds good! I just came back from Cancun. Have you ever been there, haven’t you? B: Yes, actually! I went a few months ago. It is a beautiful place, isn't it? A: You're absolutely right! How about we grab coffee when you're free? B: I'd love to! See you then.

A: See you then Luisa.


Identify the verb tenses and tag questions in the conversation:

 Simple future   Simple past   Present perfect  Simple perfect  Tag question


Part II: Past simple VS past perfect



Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

English level 4

English level 4